About the School
Maple Leaf International Academy (Shenzhen) is a grade K-12 boarding school that can accommodate 1500 students. Among all Maple Leaf schools, MLIA-Shenzhen is the jewel in our crown! With small class sizes (20) on our 5-star campus our students, with a high ratio of international students, are highly motivated in their first class educational environment.
At elementary and middle school level, we offer the national curriculum with English instruction to prepare students for our high school curriculum. At high school, we offer the Canadian B.C. curriculum, which is one of the highest rated available curriculums, with a Chinese curriculum element added to enhance the students’ learning.
Upon graduation, students can receive a dual high school diploma from China and Canada. Drama, Music, Fine Arts, P.E., and Science are taught in both Chinese and English with the teaching management of classes carried out by local Chinese teachers and a high number of internationally qualified teachers employed from overseas.
The Maple Leaf Group
The Maple Leaf Education System is the original and largest Canadian overseas school system in China. Globally we have over 36,500 students with more than 90 schools across 22 cities. Our first school was opened in Dalian, China in 1995 with Maple Leaf International Academy – Shenzhen opening in 2018. At this campus we have attracted a high number of elite students to further extend their education to the highest level.
- China’s largest private International School system.
- Over 600 certified teachers and administrators working in MLES schools in China.
- China’s first grades K-12 listed company.
- Inspected and certified by the Ministry of Education, Province of British Columbia, Canada.
- Canadian teachers are all certified by the British Columbia provincial government
- Canada’s first and largest overseas school system.
- Has more than 14,000 MLES graduates studying at 670 universities and colleges in more than 30 countries worldwide.
- Locations in Dalian, Shanghai Shenzhen, Wuhan, Tianjin, Chongqing, Zhenjiang, Ordos, Luoyang, Pingdingshan, Yiwu, Huzhou, Weifang, Yancheng, Haikou and Xiangyang.
- Locations outside China include Vancouver, Kamloops, Ontario and Adelaide.